June 24, 2015 2:09 am
"Even small updates to an outdoor living space can make a big difference, and this season's trends are versatile and adaptable for every style,” says Raboine.
If you’re not sure where to start, Raboine suggests seeking inspiration from these summer trends:
• Bringing the Indoors Out: Outdoor space can be adapted as a comfortable and functional addition to the home's indoor rooms by varying paving stones to mimic a faux rug or creating the illusion of separate rooms by using different pavers for different areas.
• Lighting It Up: Get-togethers don't have to stop when the sun goes down; implementing lighting fixtures into hardscape designs can highlight gardens, pools, walkways and more.
• Cooking to Perfection: Warm weather means it's time to grill. No longer just for food enthusiasts, a plethora of options are available when it comes to creating an outdoor kitchen for all degrees of foodie with wood-fired brick ovens, matching woodboxes, grill islands and more.
• Stepping It Up (or Down): If it seems like nothing can add dimension to a large, expansive patio, consider staggering levels with paved retaining walls and steps or a sunken seating area, pool or fire pit.
• Letting It Flow: Water features are a great design piece for many spaces, and using permeable hardscapes to build a water display or fountain play area combines function and fun.
Published with permission from RISMedia.